Fit-A-Thon

The maiden voyage for the newsletter for Rehabilitation & Spinal Care of Rockford SC begins with exciting news regarding fitness, wellness and local collaboration. But first, I wanted to introduce myself in case you find yourself reading this blog before you fully navigate the website. My name is Mike Donohue and I'm a Chiropractor who graduated from the National University of Health Sciences (NUHS) in December of 2009. I'm originally from the Northeast and only recently moved to Rockford from Chicago, where I had lived with my wife Sarah, 2 dogs and newborn daughter. Sarah is originally from Rockford, so we have many local ties to the community in addition to many friends and family members.

Rehabilitation & Spinal Care of Rockford SC (RASC) was opened in August of 2011. I have been treating patients for about a month and a half now and have been enjoying every minute of it. I had no idea being a small business owner could be so liberating, but also so stressful, regardless of how many times I'd been told just that. I performed my undergraduate studies at the University of New Hampshire with a focus on Kinesiology, specifically exercise physiology. With that background, combined with my studies at NUHS I treat patients with the primary goal of getting them back moving and exercising as soon as possible.

Some people would term that an active philosophy, whereas a passive philosophy would rely on solely adjusting patients. With this philosophy in mind, I have collaborated with a local gym, FitMe Wellness owned and operated by Greg Georgis, to sponsor a Fit-A-Thon. The Fit-A-Thon is being held this coming weekend, Saturday the 22nd, from 8 AM - 6 PM and is open to the public (both members and non-members). The proceeds from the event will go to MAPS of Illinois - an organization dedicated to providing basic necessities for Rockford children and teens. This event will be a great way to shape up, meet other fitness enthusiasts, check out new and exciting fitness activities and help out a great cause. We're looking forward to seeing you there.

Post a Comment